Date2016년 November 15일
Baseball executive Charles Weeghman hired his architect Zachary Taylor Davis to design the park, which was ready for baseball by the date of the home opener on April 23, 1914. The original tenants, the Chicago Whales(also called the Chi-Feds) came in second in the Federal League rankings in 1914 and won the league championship in 1915.
The “1060 Project – Phase One” started Monday, September 29, 2014. During the off-season, the bleachers in both outfields were expanded and the stadium’s footprint was extended further onto both Waveland and Sheffield Avenues. A 3,990 sq ft (370 m2) Jumbotron scoreboard was added to the left field bleachers. It is topped with a sign advertising Wintrust Financial, a Rosemont-based bank and a Cubs Legacy Partner; the “W” in Wintrust flashes after every Cubs win. A 2,400 sq ft (220 m2) video scoreboard was also added in the right field bleachers, and the parking lots along Clark Street were excavated for future underground players’ locker rooms and lounges.
After the close of the extended 2015 season, work began on “Phase Two” of the project. The area just west of the stadium was converted into an underground 30,000-square-foot (2,800 m2) players locker room and strength/conditioning/training and hydrotherapy sections, players lounges, a media center, and team offices. The previous clubhouse space was utilized to enlarge the dugout and add two underground batting cages, an auditorium, and more team office space. A new “Third Base Club” next to the batting tunnels and a “Home Plate Club” was introduced behind home plate and a new 30,000 square foot concessions preparation and staging area was constructed below the new Triangle Plaza. All seats, from the left field foul pole to the main gate, were replaced. An upper-deck exposed concourse was added along the south and west roof-line of right field. Bathroom facilities and concessions were improved throughout the park.
Exterior renovations of the park seek to restore design elements present before the 1960s. These details include ornamental muted-green grill-work and red terra cotta roofing.
Phase Three of the 1060 Project was completed before the start of the 2017 season. The left and right field bullpens were relocated to enclosed areas under the bleachers, the brick walls were extended toward the field and new seating was added in the vacated bullpen areas. A visiting team “batting tunnel” was added. Partial facade replacement and concourse restoration was completed along Addison Avenue along with structural improvements to the right field bleachers. The outfield turf was replaced just weeks before the start of the season. The Cubs Plaza building just to the west of Wrigley was finalized and the Park at Wrigley, the area above Cubs players dressing rooms, was in use for fans before and during games. Construction of Hotel Zachary along the west side of Clark street was ongoing.
The fourth phase of improvements began at the conclusion of the 2017 season. The dugouts have been moved further down the left and right field foul lines to make room for two of the four new luxury clubs. The seating area behind home plate was reconstructed to locate another of the new clubs. The final upper level club is planned for the 2019 season. The Hotel Zachary, just across Clark street, was open for business in time for the Cubs first home game on April 9, 2018